Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just received an automatic update for my 7612.   But it failed and offered a "manual" option, which I tried.   Unfortunately the link for the manual download of the update failed - "cannot be found"

Then, why I try to send a message for technical support, I'm asked for a serial number......   Surprise!   Surprise!   My unit has 2 different serial numbers!    -   [personal information removed]
.   Then it asks me for a product number that will look like:  CN123A, but there is no product number, nor is there a label that looks like the one pictured on their website.   There is a n FPU #GTX85, but their interactive web site does like that and will not let me proceed further.    Very disappointing.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TerrySmythe

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to update the printer firmware on HP Officejet 7612 printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Navigate to the printer update feature.
  • Touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button.
  • Press Settings or Setup if necessary.
  • Then touch or press Product Update or Check Product Updates.

Click here and follow the document to update the firmware.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TerrySmythe

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to update the printer firmware on HP Officejet 7612 printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Navigate to the printer update feature.
  • Touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button.
  • Press Settings or Setup if necessary.
  • Then touch or press Product Update or Check Product Updates.

Click here and follow the document to update the firmware.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for pointing me to "updates" within the printer's LCD screen, which I did.   Curiously, it reports latestest update is installed.   But I keep getting a spontaneoous message on my computer to accept an update.    When I click OK, it fails and points me to a manual method, which also fails.   When I hit the download button, "file not found".   However, since the printer itself does appear to connect to home, and reports all is well, I will ignore these spurious messages.

HP Recommended

@TerrySmythe

Thanks for the reply.

Good to know that you were able to update firmware from the printer control panel.

I understand that you are still getting the pop up to update the firmware on your computer.

Uninstall and reinstall the software to avoid this pop up.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.