10-04-2019 12:54 PM
When I attempt to print a document, I click print, i'm told something west wrong. When I change the printing preferences, I'm told that there is an unexpected configuration problem 0x80010105.
10-07-2019 10:42 AM
@Playgringa, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue on the PC
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Check if the print carriage can move freely and if there are any paper jams inside the printer.
Refer to the steps mentioned in this document.
To resolve 0x errors on the printer, refer to the troubleshooting steps in this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
10-07-2019 11:18 AM
I've been having the same problem at our office, and we can't print off of any of our 3 laptops for the last 6 hours. Software's have been removed/re-installed, printer plug pulled and re-plugged in. No success. Printer is 13 months old so just out of warranty, and no idea why this is happening.
10-08-2019 01:04 AM
Unfortunately your suggested fixes do not work. I have tried to:
x Save as a standalone copy
x Reset the printer
x Run HP Print and Scan Doctor (everything works and info pages print)
x Update the printer firmware (downloaded it but when I try to select my printer to update it, it is not visible in the list)
This issue only started for me today on a Deskjet 3720.
Hoping for a fix very very soon.
10-08-2019 08:48 AM
This fixed the issue for me.
This is only a Windows 10 issue and was caused by one of two updates.
In the search box (next to "start button") type "view update history" (without the quotes).
Choose "view your update history" settings windows will come up.
Click on "Uninstall updates".
Scroll to the bottom and find Microsoft Windows updates.
Uninstall KB4515871 (do NOT restart yet).
Uninstall KB4524147 Restart computer
All Fixed! Microsoft is aware of the issue and is going to push out an update to fix the issue with the updates.
10-08-2019 11:21 AM
For your information, installing any available update should resolve a such, MS has just released a new update to resolve this issue yesterday:
- Applications interacting with the V4 printer driver might close or error when printing. Issues might only be encountered when printing but might also be encountered at any time the app is running, depending on when the app interacts with the print driver.
- The printer spooler service (spoolsv.exe) might close or error in jscript.dll with exception code 0xc0000005 causing the print jobs to stop processing. Only part of the print job might print and the rest might be canceled or error.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂