Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have 6500a E710n and use the last driver 1315 from HP

I will divide my problem in two parts:

For a long time the printer worked and suddenly one day stoped working - with ( NET ) I could open the HP print assitent but didnt comunicate with the printer only on my main desktop my wife laptop continue to work until today by (NET )!!!!

So, after the local HP support team helped me I could print with ( NET ) but couldnt scan until today!

But they manged after little time to make it work ( print and scan ) By a USB install.

and it worked like it should until few dayes ago.

I have a similar problem like this post

My printer worked for a long time....

this started few days ago when I had to change room for the PC+printer

I think I didnt conncect it back in the same USB port like before but as Far I know it should not make a diff...its plug play and the PC need to update itself auto....it never happend for me before.

My HP print assitent is open from my desktop...i can use it and print etc...the Icon looks like it should with the printer small image.

But I dont have the Icon/Shortcut/ inside the - Printers and Faxes - in the control Panel.

If I try to to Add a printer - it can find the printer and the installed driver but Im getting Icon that look like of a regular Folder like every other folder inside the PC and it get me only basic info about the printer - like print prefrences etc' and thats it ( with printer name of the folder itself )

It dosent open the full HP program.

So, Again, In the bottom line is, its impotant to say that the printer work as far I can see and I can use the HP Icon on desktop

only from control panal dont work...and the print scan doctor find something it say fixed but dosent.

Many attempts to fix it with install / reinstall / uninstall etc, also use the HP Print and Scan doctor didnt help.

It say I have recommended updates - and it fix it....but next time I use it, again it say this.

I did what you wrote here it didnt solve my problem...

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.