Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet M1136 MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am out my wits and need some help. I am unable to find a driver for Laserjet M1136 MFP. 

The following URL and many other similar sites and utitlities have failed to even detect my printer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-m1136-multifunction-printer-series/...

"No software or drivers are available for this product with the selected operating system."

I have also tried : https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers#Z7_M0I02JG0KGVO00AUBO4GT60080   

But no use.

I tried other utilities such as HP Smart etc, but all of them are unable to detect my printer.

Please help with any pointers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sundermanavalan,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you are having issues installing the printer drivers on your Windows 10. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details: 

Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Do you get any error message while installing the printer? Have you tried to install the printer on another device.

Did you replace the router or reinstalled the Windows? 

Have you tried to run Windows update?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

This looks like an issue with the printer drivers installed on your PC. I would suggest performing a clean install to try and fix the issue. Here are the steps:

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.

Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Restart your computer.

Now click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-laserjet-pro-m1136-multifunction-print... to download and install the printer software.

Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@sundermanavalan,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you are having issues installing the printer drivers on your Windows 10. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details: 

Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Do you get any error message while installing the printer? Have you tried to install the printer on another device.

Did you replace the router or reinstalled the Windows? 

Have you tried to run Windows update?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

This looks like an issue with the printer drivers installed on your PC. I would suggest performing a clean install to try and fix the issue. Here are the steps:

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.

Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Restart your computer.

Now click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-laserjet-pro-m1136-multifunction-print... to download and install the printer software.

Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Jeet, thank you!  The URL worked. I had two problems which I resolved myself:

1. After running the downloaded exe - nothing happens. I then used 7Zip to unzip here in a folder, and ran the file 'HpSetup.exe' - then installation began.

2.  The installation was then stuck in "New device is now connected" for a long time. I removed the USB connector, Switched off the printer, cancelled the installation and rebooted. I switched on the printer, and re-ran the install.

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@sundermanavalan,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i bought hp laptop with windows 10. i am unable to set up hp laserjet M1136 to it. when i downloaded and installing the hp 64 bit full solution it is asking for connect to usb. when connected to usb printer it is not detecting and installing the software further. but my usb port is working for pendrives. and also i was able to print through my old laptop.

HP Recommended

@bellsrung

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try setting up the Printer this way:

Disconnect the USB cable.

Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.
Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zS1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.