Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart
iOS

My HP Smart app allows me to change the size and position of photos but the app appears to have changed and I no longer know how to do this. Any advice is most welcome. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@zoshsofpof 

Yep, the few "resize" options that were available in HP Smart for iOS appear to be gone.  Rats.

Edits - 09-Dec-2019

Updated content.

While sincere at the time, the original statements were found to be inaccurate.

Added examples, including a reminder to check the paper size / tray in printer and in the settings.

Sizing options in the latest release of the HP Smart for iOS application are indeed a bit more advanced than in previous versions.  This is not an unblemished endorsement; there is work yet to be done.

HP Smart - Version 7.0 - Example

If  necessary, update the application to the latest version.  "Newest" is best, it seems, even as things do occasionally change.

Open the HP Smart Application

HP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Settings_1.HP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Settings_1.

If you have not done so, confirm / update the various Settings, including those for Tray and Paper

HP_Smart_Mobile_Settings_Tray-Paper_1HP_Smart_Mobile_Settings_Tray-Paper_1

HP_Smart_Mobile_Settings_Tray-Paper_1AHP_Smart_Mobile_Settings_Tray-Paper_1A

Reminder

If you change the paper in the printer, many printers (those with a printer panel), require that you tell the printer about any paper changes.

Check / Adjust / Retain the Paper at the Printer Panel

Open Printer Tray,

If you have not yet done so, add desired paper type

Close Tray

IF applicable for your printer:

On the printer control panel, Click Modify (wording varies), set the paper size and type, Click OK

NOTE:  If the size of the Paper Size is not in the Drop-down list, Select Custom

Back on the main HP Smart Menu...

Open View and Print  Select a location > Find and select your photo

HP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Settings_1AHP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Settings_1A

When the photo is in your view, Click Print to manage options (including resizing)

HP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Settings_1BHP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Settings_1B

Select a Sizing option.

The "Manual" option allows you to grab and manually resize and move the photo.

When finished, Click the Done button in the upper right corner of the menu.

HP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Settings_1CHP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Settings_1C

At this writing, Manual exact resize is not available unless you can manage to manually tweak the sizing.

Option?

Place one or more photos into a Pages Document, size as needed, and print the document.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I have no idea why HP removed the resizing image tool ... it was the only reason i got the app in the first place. I hope they bring resizing back.

One thing I considered was installing the old version of the app and never updating beyond that..

Has anyone tried this yet?? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.