Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8600 plus
macOS 10.14 Mojave

i just bought a mac laptop running 0S 10.14.5. i am able to add the apple airprint driver for my hp 8600 office jet pro plus to print. But i would prefer to use hp software so i can scan, fax, etc. When i try to install easy scan, i get to a point where it gives me this message: "cannot configure the device software. go back to the previous steps and try to install the software again". i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software after restarting the computer. i have reset the printing system. I always come back to the same error message. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@reupw

Use this link instead ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen....

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@reupw, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Download the HP Utility for Mac from here. Configure the printer on the application and try scanning,

Also, refer to the document HP Printers - How to Scan (Mac) to learn different methods of scanning from mac computer.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i received this message when i clicked in the link you sent. So no my problem is not resolved.

"This site can’t be reached

The webpage at ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

HP Recommended

@reupw

Use this link instead ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen....

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HELLO - I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE LINK FROM HP WEB SITE AND TRIED THE LINK BELOW.  IT STARTS TO DOWNLOAD AND THEN STOPS WITH A MESSAGE THAT THE LINK CANNOT BE DOWNLOADED.  I HAVE AN 8600 PLUS AND AM TRYING TO SET UP ON AN IMAC COMPUTER WITH QUAD CORE PROCESSOR.  SEE BELOW.  CAN YOU ADVISE ANOTHER SOLUTION?

PROCESSOR - 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5

HP Recommended

@RHH321, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Download the HP Utility for Mac from here. Configure the printer on the application and try scanning,

Also, refer to the document HP Printers - How to Scan (Mac) to learn different methods of scanning from mac computer.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.