2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

easy scan installation will not complete mac os 10.14

officejet pro 8600 plus
macOS 10.14 Mojave

i just bought a mac laptop running 0S 10.14.5. i am able to add the apple airprint driver for my hp 8600 office jet pro plus to print. But i would prefer to use hp software so i can scan, fax, etc. When i try to install easy scan, i get to a point where it gives me this message: "cannot configure the device software. go back to the previous steps and try to install the software again". i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software after restarting the computer. i have reset the printing system. I always come back to the same error message. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,458 10,438 785 775
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@reupw, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Download the HP Utility for Mac from here. Configure the printer on the application and try scanning,

Also, refer to the document HP Printers - How to Scan (Mac) to learn different methods of scanning from mac computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i received this message when i clicked in the link you sent. So no my problem is not resolved.

"This site can’t be reached

The webpage at ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,458 10,438 785 775
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@reupw

Use this link instead ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen....

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HELLO - I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE LINK FROM HP WEB SITE AND TRIED THE LINK BELOW.  IT STARTS TO DOWNLOAD AND THEN STOPS WITH A MESSAGE THAT THE LINK CANNOT BE DOWNLOADED.  I HAVE AN 8600 PLUS AND AM TRYING TO SET UP ON AN IMAC COMPUTER WITH QUAD CORE PROCESSOR.  SEE BELOW.  CAN YOU ADVISE ANOTHER SOLUTION?

PROCESSOR - 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,458 10,438 785 775
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@RHH321, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Download the HP Utility for Mac from here. Configure the printer on the application and try scanning,

Also, refer to the document HP Printers - How to Scan (Mac) to learn different methods of scanning from mac computer.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation