Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

I use a hotspot on my iphone as internet. I do not have access to a traditional router/wifi. It's no problem to print using HP direct print. My issue is that the printer does not connect to wifi, therefore it is not communicating with my Instant Ink refill. Please advise otherwise I am going to have to get a new printer and cancel the Instant Ink.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@nrk21 

Welcome to the HP Community --

I would guess the HotSpot connection is not sufficient for the Printer's necessary connection to Web Services and your Instant Ink account.

If you have not done so, consider contacting Instant Ink Support.

Sure, you can replace the printer -- it's an older model -- makes sense to replace the hardware if you no longer want to keep it.

Yes, Please do cancel the Instant Ink contract before you do that - What?  Before is easier than "after" and there is no point in being charged until the contract is terminated by HP.  Not cancelling and releasing the printer also makes the printer useless to anyone else should you decide to donate the printer.

Instant Ink >> Details / How-to / Articles / >>>> Contact Information <<<<

-- No Joy?

Comments, questions, objections, or need information not found online at the  Get HP Instant Ink Support Website ?

Your faster option:

Contact the team at  HP Instant Ink Support during business days and hours available in your region.

OR

Choose to continue to wait here in the HP Community for an agent to find and respond to your question.

When necessary, Agents can access private information.

Waiting is not faster – our HP Community is not  HP Instant Ink support  – Waiting generally works.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Instant Ink Support Website

Get HP Instant Ink Support

Change Country / Region as needed

Scroll down to find phone contact information

Read to understand the Instant Ink cancellation / termination process and your responsibilities 

HP Instant Ink - Cancel Your HP Instant Ink Service

Section Cancel your account

OR

Direct Link

Cancel your account

Video – Cancel HP Instant Ink

How to unsubscribe or cancel HP Instant Ink subscription

What if?

HP Instant Ink - Stopping a cancellation

HP Instant Ink - Recycle HP Instant Ink Cartridges / Subscription Cartridges

HP Instant Ink - Recycle HP Instant Ink Cartridges

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

OR

HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.