Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer
iOS

For months now our HP Envy Photo 7855 will not always print when we try to print wirelessly from our iPhones or our MacBooks.  I sometimes have luck printing from the HP app. But today that didn’t work nor did shutting off the printer or unplugging it. It says it is connected to the same WiFi as our devices.  I never know if it’s going to print several things with no issue or if it’s going to do what it’s doing now - not responding at all. It has worked sometimes using a wired connection using the usb port. Thanks for your help. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @JodiS1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

Here are a few things then I request you to check upon and reply as we need to further isolate the issue:

• Does it work fine when you attempt to print from another iOS device?
  • Have you tried to print from other application to check if the color printing option appears?
  • Let me know the exact version of the iOS on your iOS device.
  • Please send a screen shot of the option that are currently visible to you.

Meanwhile, please update the firmware on your printer by following the below steps:

NOTE: The printer needs to be restarted once the firmware is successfully updated.

Once the firmware is updated, you may attempt to print and check if the color printing options appear.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.