Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One

Hello

Since 2 days impossible to scan a document on my printer Officejet 7612. But, I can print  !?

Error message are related to connectivity, but the status of printer remain "connected" and Computer can identify also the printer -> see printer IP correctly when I use HP tool "Update IP" ...

I switch off all devices --> printer, computer,  and also the rooter  

After restart , I can have all in correct status, and each device recognize each other.

I used also "HP Print & Scan Doctor" but I could not go till the end because other error message "0x0000704" see picture 

IMG_4174.jpgIMG_4168.jpgIMG_4170.jpg

This morning, I was able to make a 1st scan, but after problem raise-up again. !!!

I  uninstalled properly the printer this morning, I reinstall the pilot, create again the connection with printer -> no problem , everything correct. But again , I could preview the 1st scan, but not scan -> error came again.

I just try the printing function  , it works -> no issue

Find herafter pictures of error messages on printer  or on HP scanning interface

Thanks in advance for your support

Kr Colette  (Philippe her husband)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Today , I did connection by Ethenet Cable. All configuration is correct, al devices see each other (PC, Printer-Scanner and the router) -> no problem

I can print a short page without problem.

But to scan, the error message is coming immediatly, or time to time after 1st preview of scan to do.

Problem is not Wireless issue.

I tested also with another laptop, we can also print, but same phenomena to scan .

This should be in Offijet 7612 in printer.

Waiting feedback 

Kr

Philippe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.