Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 9015e
Other

Despite (apparently) being set up properly, whenever I try to ask Google Home to do something with the printer, for example, "Hey Google, ask HP Printer to print a colouring page," it tells me that it's sent the page to the printer, but the printer is completely unresponsive.

Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this? Of course please let me know if there are more details I can provide.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@craig0r 

Welcome to the HP Community.

Try here:

Print directly from Google Assistant

and...

Help and Support

HP Printers - Printing with Google Home

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer 

Open HP+ Printer Homepage > Concierge Help > Click the Contact Us link in the Orange box

Note that Concierge assistance is only available for registered HP+ printers.

NOTE:  Where available, the Homepage website for the non HP+ model includes any missing "Category" sections not found in the HP+ printer site.  What?  The “+” and “not +” printers are the same printer – HP+ is a benefit / service.

HP+ > Benefits, Requirements, Your Responsibilities

HP+ Printing – Website / Information / FAQ

“Print Anywhere App” Supported on Select Printers

HP Printers - Print Anywhere with the HP Smart App

Step 3:  Use Print Anywhere

Open Subsection:  Private Pickup (HP+ printers only)

Enable / Disable the service to hold the print job until the person who sent it is near the printer.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks @dragon-fur, but that first link is just marketing material, and the second link is exactly what I followed to get it setup.

To be clear, the setup went great. I was able to link "HP Printer" to my Google account, log into HP Smart, and choose my printer. In fact, if I say "Hey Google, ask HP Printer for the printer status," it tells me my printer is ready to print. However, any other task, it tells me, for example "I have sent a one-page Help summary to your printer." The issue is that nothing ever comes out of the printer.

Normal printing from my PC or Android phone are fine. Even Print Anywhere works without an issue.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@craig0r 

You are welcome.

True - the first link is the introduction to the product / subject.

Introduction Included just because it does provide the link to help and more information.

One idea...

If you have not done so, Restart everything - if the problem is a mis-communication, restarting might help.

What else?

If you decide to check on HP Printables (manually)...

Two ways to try “HP Printables”

Open HP Smart Windows or HP Smart Mobile application

Click on the tile for Printables

Or

Open your browser and open the HP Printables Website

Select your category

Select / Click on a project for adults, children, learning, fun...

See what is available...

Print your choice...

One example - Art Therapy

https://printables.hp.com/us/en/search?input=%23art%20therapy&sortDirection=date_desc

Sorry, I cannot add anything else - I don't have an Assistant connected to my home network.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks anyway! And no, restarting everything didn't help. I had already rebooted the printer a number of times, and since I can use PrintAnywhere already, I didn't think it would be an issue with my internet equipment, but I restarted it just in case.

Hopefully someone else can help, although I guess I'll be calling HP support tomorrow. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.