Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-29-2023 06:41 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
To perform a factory reset on the HP Color Laser MFP 178nw, please follow the steps below.
- Turn off the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button at the same time.
- While still holding the buttons, press the Power button and hold it for a few seconds until the printer turns on.
- Continue to hold down the Wireless and Cancel buttons for another 10-15 seconds, or until the Attention light starts flashing.
- Release the buttons.
- Wait for the printer to complete the reset process, which may take a few minutes.
- Once the reset process is complete, the printer will automatically restart.
Note that performing a factory reset will erase all user settings and data, and restore the printer to its original factory settings. This includes removing any network settings and deleting any custom print jobs or preferences. Therefore, you will need to reconfigure the printer and set it up again after the reset.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community