Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I have a home wifi network of 4 computers and 2 printers. Computers are WIN 10 64-bit and 3 WIN 7 64-bit computers. I have an HP Officejet Pro 8710 and a new HP Officejet Pro 8139e.  Our HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer works via wifi on all 4 computers. It took me 2 weeks to get the 8139e working via wifi on the WIN 10 system. For another week I have been trying to get my WIN 7 computers to work on the 8139e with no luck.

Why will my 8710 work on all computers on my wifi network - but the 8139e so far only works on the WIN 10 system?  And on the same wifi home network, none of my WIN 7 computers work on the 8139e.  WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO PLUG & PLAY?  I have been using HP printers for decades - and they have all been plug & play - EXCEPT this 8139e.  I presume that since it works on the WIN 10, the printer is okay.  The wifi network is good.  What is the problem and how do I fix it?  Thank you, Bill Gray

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @BillDory 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I believe you are trying to set your with your Windows 7 PC correct?

This could be a compatibility issue. 

However, update the drivers and see if that works. Click here

You may also refer to the below documents for further assistance. 

Printer setup guide

HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

If the issue persists, the printer might need service. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

The HP OJP 8710 is an older printer I have had for several years.  It works fine on all 4 computers (1 Win 10 64-bit, 3 Win 7 64-bit) using WiFi.  I just bought the HP OJP 8139e about 3 weeks ago (March 28) - and it took me 2 weeks to get it to work  with the Win 10 on the same WiFi network. 

Since then I have been trying everything possible to get the Win 7 systems to work.  I am working on 1 Win 7 first - and I finally got it to print when I chose HP OJP 8030 because the 8130 series is not listed.  It will print, but will not scan.

I am about ready to use the 8139e as a boat anchor!  In Devise Manager I do have the WSD Print Provider/Devise.  In Devices & Printers, when I select "Add a Printer" I end up back at the window which tells me to select a printer - and neither the 8139e nor 8130e series shows.  I do a Windows Update, still do not show. That is why I tried the 8030 series and got the printer to work, but not the scanner.  Whatever happened to Plug & Play.  I have been using HP Printers for decades and I have NEVER had this kind of problem before.  Thank you, Bill Gray

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that I have downloaded and tried ALL

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that I have downloaded all the Software & Drivers you suggested and no luck.  During the 2 weeks I was working with the Win 10 system, I also downloaded all and, I will be honest, I am not sure which made the Win10 system work, but I am not one to complain when it did. 

And I have watched all the videos, multiple times.  Still I have no idea where to go from here.  Thank you, Bill Gray

HP Recommended

Hi @BillDory ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue persists even after attempting the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.