Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Officejet Pro 8610 will not connect to wifi.  The error states that the wireless capabilities have been disabled and to contact my administrator or the person who setup my printer.  I am the person that set it up.  I have tried resetting the network defaults and resetting to factory default conditions to no avail.  The wifi LED will not light up.  Printer connected via USB and prints fine.  Just not able to set up wifi connection.  Web Services are also disabled.  Updated firmware already.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @BJSM16,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already gone through some troubleshooting steps, but let's try a few more.

• Power Cycle: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a couple of minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on again. Sometimes a simple power cycle can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Check Router Settings: Ensure that your router's wireless settings are compatible with the printer's requirements. Check if the router is broadcasting on a compatible frequency (2.4GHz or 5GHz) and that the security settings (WEP, WPA, WPA2) match those supported by the printer.
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: You've mentioned resetting to factory defaults, but let's try a specific reset for the network settings. On the printer control panel, navigate to the Network menu, then select Restore Network Defaults or something similar.
  • Manual Setup: If the automatic setup isn't working, try setting up the wireless connection manually. You'll need to access your printer's network settings via its control panel or the embedded web server. Refer to the printer's manual for specific instructions on how to do this.
  • Update Router Firmware: Ensure that your router's firmware is up to date. Sometimes outdated firmware can cause compatibility issues with newer devices.
  • Check for Interference: Nearby electronic devices or physical obstructions can interfere with the wireless signal. Move the printer closer to the router and away from other electronic devices, metal objects, or thick walls.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help resolve the issue.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Alden4,

Thanks for the response.  You can disregard my last post.  I was able to fix the issue via accessing the advanced internal settings and turn the wireless/webservices back on.  Now the printer operates/connects as it should.  Have a great day.

HP Recommended

Hi @BJSM16,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.