Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Today I updated my printer drivers and afterward I was no longer able to scan documents from my printer to my computer. I still can print to my printer from my computer, but when I click on the scan icon on my computer it says HP Envy 5530 was not found. I have a wireless printer. Can someone help me with this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Christine14 .
Check the Windows Image Acquisition Service (WIA) for proper operation:
On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows mark and the R key. The Run window opens.
Type services.msc and OK. The Services (local) window opens.
Double-click Windows Image Acquisition, and then click the Connection tab.
Check Local System Account and Allow the service to interact with the desktop.
Click the Dependencies tab and check that Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Hardware Discovery Shell exist in the first window.
Click the General tab and restart the service by clicking Stop, then Start.
Close the Services window.
Try scanning with HP Scan.

If the Hardware Shell Detection addiction does not exist, add it as follows:

On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows mark and the R key. The Run window opens.
Type regedit and OK, then the registry editor opens.
Develop HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Services and select StiSvc.
In the double right tab click on DependOnService.
You will find RpcSs, add it just below ShellHWDetection and then click Enter and OK.
Close the registry editor.
Try scanning with HP Scan.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I opened the Services window and scrolled through everything in the window and I couldn't find Windows Image Acquisition to double-click.

HP Recommended

I added the ShellHWDetection in the registry and I tried to scan and it didn't work. It still says HP Envy 5530 not found.

HP Recommended

@Christine14 Reinstall your printer driver:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL47810/mp-115828-6/Full_Webpack-116-Full_Webpack.exe

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.