Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer

I change to T Mobile internet and can no longer connect my printer wireless -  The mac id is not showing in T mobile devices

do anyone know what I should do  - t mobile advised need to contact hp for a work around

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @GrannyDannyD,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing issues connecting your wireless printer to your new T-Mobile Internet service. This kind of issue can often be resolved with a few troubleshooting steps. Here’s what you can do:

Restart Your Devices: Start by restarting your printer, router, and any other relevant devices. This can often resolve connectivity issues.

Printer Connectivity:

• Ensure that your printer is in wireless setup mode, which allows it to be visible to new networks. Consult your printer's manual for instructions on how to activate this mode.
  • Verify that your printer is not restricting access to new networks. Some printers have security settings that might need adjusting.

Check MAC Filtering:

• T-Mobile’s router may be using MAC filtering, which restricts which devices can connect to the network. You can check this by accessing the router’s settings through a web browser. Typically, you’ll enter an IP address like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the browser and log in (you might find the default login information on the back of the router).
  • Once logged in, look for a section related to Wireless Security or MAC Filtering. If your printer's MAC address isn't listed, you'll need to add it.

Update Printer Firmware:

• Make sure your printer’s firmware is up to date. HP often release updates to fix bugs or improve connectivity. You can usually find update options in the printer's settings menu or by visiting the HP website.

Network Settings:

• Check if there are any specific settings or configurations recommended by T-Mobile for connecting devices. Sometimes, ISPs may have specific channels or settings optimized for better connectivity.

Alternative Connection Methods:

• If wireless connection continues to be problematic, consider using a wired connection (if your printer supports it) or connecting the printer to a computer via USB and sharing it with other devices on the network.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.