Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Ink Tank Wireless 415

Hello, I have printed the Printer Status Report and it says "Admin Password: Not Set". But When I want to visit the website on the wifi named "HP-Setup>..." it requires name and password to manage it.

I've already tried username admin and password left blank, but that didn't work

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Michael010 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Ink Tank Wireless 415. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

If the default username "admin" and leaving the password blank didn't work, there's a possibility that the admin password might have been set previously. In such cases, you may need to perform a factory reset on your HP Ink Tank Wireless 415 printer to reset the admin password and configuration settings.

To perform a factory reset on your HP Ink Tank Wireless 415 printer, follow these steps:

1. Make sure the printer is turned on.
  2. Locate the Reset button on the printer. This button is usually located at the back or bottom of the printer.
  3. Press and hold the Reset button for about 5-10 seconds until the printer restarts. Release the button after the printer restarts.
  4. Once the printer restarts, it should be restored to its factory default settings, including the admin password.

After the factory reset, you can try accessing the printer settings again using the default username "admin" and leaving the password blank.

Refer to this document: HP Ink Tank Wireless 415

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.