Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP OfficeJetPro printer is unable to connect to your wireless router.  MAC address filtering may be enabled on your wireless router which can prevent your HP printer from connecting to your wireless network during setup.

How do I find and unable the MAC address filtering on my printer? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Bubbacheese,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To find and disable MAC address filtering on your wireless router, you'll typically need to access the router's settings through a web browser. Here's a general guide.

Find your router's IP address: Usually, this is something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. You can find this information in your router's manual or by checking the sticker on the router itself.

Open a web browser: Type the router's IP address into the address bar and press Enter.

Log in to your router: You will likely be prompted to enter a username and password. If you haven't changed these, they might be the default ones provided by your router's manufacturer. Again, consult your router's manual for details.

Locate MAC address filtering settings: This might be under a section like "Wireless Settings", "Security", or "Access Control". Look for options related to MAC address filtering or MAC address control.

Disable MAC address filtering: Once you've found the MAC address filtering settings, you can typically toggle it off or delete any existing MAC address entries. Make sure to save your changes.

Now, your printer should be able to connect to your wireless network without any issues caused by MAC address filtering.

As for finding the MAC address of your printer.

Check the printer's menu: Many printers have a display screen where you can navigate through settings. Look for an option like "Network Settings" or "Wireless Settings" to find the MAC address.

Print a network configuration page: Some printers allow you to print a network configuration page which includes information about the printer's network settings, including the MAC address. Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to do this.

Check the printer's documentation: The MAC address might also be printed on a label on the printer itself or in the documentation that came with the printer.

Once you have the MAC address, you can add it to your router's allowed devices list if necessary, but since you're encountering issues with MAC address filtering, it's better to first disable it and then troubleshoot any further connectivity problems if they persist.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.