cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

OfficeJet 9010 is on Wifi and I can print to it, but can't scan back

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently installed an HP OfficeJet Pro 9010.  Connected easily to WiFi and can print from my laptop or desktop.

Tried to scan from the printer, and installed the HP Smart app on my laptop.  App can't find the printer.  It finds my HP 210 which is also on the WiFi.

Downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0.7 and diagnostic passed all categories, test print was fine.

markchap68_0-1606268831649.png

So the diagnostic finds the printer with no problem,  but the HP Smart can't find the printer, so I can't set up scan.

And putting the IP address the printer provides, in my browser, to create Scan-to-email or Scan-to-Network folder isn't working because you need to be an IT Tech...for email it asks for your source email (example.myname@mycompany.com.)

And then wants my server and port??  I don't have a server...I'm trying to get document to scan and be sent to me as an email.

markchap68_2-1606268022584.png

How can I use my email as a source when it's a destination?  And when I try to set up a network folder, I place a folder on my desktop, copy the path from the address bar into the "Network Path," it's invalid

markchap68_1-1606267886057.png

How can printing be done from three different devices to the printer, but trying to scan something back is impossible??

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation