Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
ASUS GL552VW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Officejet Pro 8620 stopped connecting to my wireless route (FIOS-G1100) yesterday after working for years.  I ran a report that states MAC Address filtering my be enabled on your wireless router. Mind you my printer can see my network but still fails? There is no MAC filtering on these routers anymore.   I have run through all the virtual help (which was no help), downloaded the HP diagnosis (which didn't help because I couldn't connect wirelessly, only through a wired connection, which worked fine), and now I am hoping I can find someone here that can help me fix my issue here.

Review:

Printer see's wireless internet

Printer report says MAC address filtering may be enabled

Report summery:

Wireless on: PASS

Wireless Working: Pass

Connected: Not run

Network Name Found: PASS

Other network detected matching your network name: NO

Printer Settings Consistent with Wireless Router Setting: PASS

No Filtering: FAIL

Channel:  

Security: Pass

I print through a windows 10 computer and a mac laptop.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. I am posting to confirm that this seems to be a known issue, not an isolated one. I hope others will also post if they are experiencing this problem.

HP Recommended

This problem has now been corrected by properly resetting my Verizon Fios router.

HP Recommended

Did you reboot the router or did you restore factory default settings?

HP Recommended

what are the fios router settings that correct this problem?  All other devices connect to the router except for the HP8620??

HP Recommended

did you ever get an answer to what the verizon fios router settings were changed to allow the HP8620 to connect wirelessly??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.