Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejetpro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer that has worked fine for years  just stopped  wireless connecting to the internet.  When I try to make it connect it kicks my laptop off the internet as well.  I deleted and re added the printer but that didn't help.  I tried all the HP virtual assistant things I could understand.  Supposedly when nothing works one is supposed to be able to receive a case number and be able to speak with a real person but I never get that option.  Ironically the Wireless network test results say that Wireless On = PASS  It also says Wireless Working = PASS    The only thing that says FAIL is No filtering.  I don't know how it could say PASS when the blue light continues to blink and the printer will not connect to the internet.  

All assistance appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@cindydwyer

Welcome to the HP support community.

Restore the printer to the original network settings

1. From the printer control panel, touch and slide your finger across the screen, touch Setup, and then touch Network Setup.

2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

3. Touch OK.

4. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Set up the printer on your wireless network using Wireless setup wizard

1. From the printer control panel display, touch and slide your finger across the screen and then touch Setup.

2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Wireless Settings.

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My HP 8610 stopped working. Will not connect to wireless network. Never had an issue in over 5 years. I've gone on all the support websites followed all the instructions. restored factory default on printer. Turned off and back on, rebooted my router, reset by router to factory settings, tried to use WPS to connect, tried my wifi password, reset  printer settings to original factory settings, tried to go through steps as though I'm setting up printer again. NOTHING is working. Just purchased brand new ink and spent over 100$ for it to be a total waste. I've read others having same issue but no solutions.

can anyone help. Need my printer. Don't want to have to spend $ to buy another printer.

HP Recommended

@A2570

Welcome to the HP support community.

Did you update the printer firmware?

If not, follow these steps to update the printer firmware:-

1. Navigate to the printer update feature. Menu names and icons vary by printer.

• Printers with an ePrint button or icon: Touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button ( or ), touch or press Settings or Setup if necessary, then touch or press Product Update or Check Product Updates.

2. If you are prompted to sign up or accept terms of service, follow any on-screen instructions to enable Web Services and setup automatic updates. This procedure sets up the printer's Internet connection so it can receive updates.

3. If the printer does not automatically start the update process, select Check for Updates or a similar menu to start the update.

Refer this HP document for more steps:- Click here

Then try to connect the printer to the Wireless network.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandy I did that twice and I still get the same no filtering error notification,   It tells me that MAC filtering is enabled causing my inability to connect with the router.  I've been on the same network for the past 6 years and using this printer for 3

HP Recommended

I had the same issue and on another forum I discovered if you have Verizon FiOS as your IP if you have self-organizing network enabled I was getting the MAC filtering fail.  I turned off "SON" as recommended and that resolves the issue.  Hope this helps you.

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.