Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 4155e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

5/6/2024

I have an HP Deskjet 4155e printer that is powered on and has joined my WiFi network. HP Smart gives a message saying to turn the printer on?  When I load the print drivers without HP Smart, the driver installation program gives a message saying to pick a different printer even though it found the printer during the WiFi connectivity search.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to resolve this problem? The printer was working fine 5 days ago. I have not received a Windows update?

Ted H.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @dlfprinters,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering some frustrating issues with your HP Deskjet 4155e printer. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem.

• Restart the Printer: Sometimes, simply restarting the printer can resolve minor connectivity issues. Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  • Restart Your Router: If the printer is connected to your WiFi network, a router restart might help refresh the connection.
  • Check WiFi Connection: Ensure that your printer is still connected to the WiFi network. You can usually do this by printing a network configuration page from the printer's control panel.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer on the HP support website. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.
  • Reinstall HP Smart: If HP Smart is not recognizing the printer properly, try reinstalling the HP Smart app on your computer or mobile device.
  • Driver Installation: When installing the print drivers, try using the HP Smart app again. If that doesn't work, download the drivers directly from the HP website and install them manually.
  • Check for Software Conflicts: Ensure that there are no other printer management software or drivers conflicting with the HP Smart app or printer drivers.
  • Factory Reset: As a last resort, you can try performing a factory reset on your printer. Be aware that this will erase any custom settings you have configured on the printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.