Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer

About once a week I have to restart my printer to get it to print.  Phone recognizes printer but no action..  once restarted good for another few days

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Chuck4251,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing issues with your HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-In-One Printer where it requires a restart to function properly, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem.

• Update Firmware/Drivers: Ensure that your printer's firmware and drivers are up-to-date. Visit the official HP website, locate your printer model, and download the latest firmware and drivers for your operating system.
  • Check Wireless Connection: Ensure that your printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone. A stable and reliable connection is crucial for proper communication between devices.
  • Printer Software: Make sure that you have the appropriate HP printer software installed on your phone. Sometimes, using the official HP mobile app can improve the communication between your phone and the printer.
  • Restart Router: If the issue persists, try restarting your router. Sometimes, network-related issues can be resolved by power-cycling the router.
  • Printer Troubleshooter: Most printers come with built-in troubleshooting tools. Use the printer's control panel or the HP Smart app on your phone to run diagnostic tests or troubleshoot connectivity issues.
  • Check for Firmware Updates on the Printer: Some printers allow you to check for firmware updates directly from their control panel. Check if your HP ENVY Photo 7855 has this feature and update the firmware if available.
  • Static IP Address: Assign a static IP address to your printer instead of relying on dynamic IP assignment. This can help ensure a stable connection between your devices.
  • Reset Network Settings on Printer: In the printer's menu, look for an option to reset or restart the network settings. This might help if there are any network configuration issues.
  • Firewall/Antivirus Settings: Check if your firewall or antivirus software is blocking communication between your phone and the printer. Adjust settings if necessary.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.