Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
iOS

I replaced Toner correctly The printer was off for days After new toner plugged in and a white light on front w no side panel lights on?

Kymbee
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @KYmBee,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP printer isn't responding as expected after replacing the toner cartridge, there could be a few reasons for this. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.

• Check Toner Installation: Ensure that the toner cartridge is properly installed. Sometimes, even if it seems like it's installed correctly, it might not be seated properly. Remove the cartridge and reinsert it, making sure it clicks into place securely.
  • Power Cycle: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on. This can sometimes reset any internal errors and get the printer working again.
  • Check for Error Messages: If there are any error messages on the printer's display panel, take note of them. They can provide clues as to what might be wrong.
  • Inspect for Damage: Check the toner cartridge for any signs of damage, such as leaks or cracks. If you see any damage, replace the cartridge with a new one.
  • Update Firmware: Sometimes, outdated firmware can cause issues with printer functionality. Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer model and install them if necessary.

By going through these steps, you should be able to determine the cause of the issue and get your HP printer back up and running.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.