Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer

How do I reinstall printer driver

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @NotHappy16,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand that you are facing connectivity issues. I’d like to help!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Make sure your Wi-Fi network and printer setup meet connection requirements.

Restart the printer and the computer or mobile device to clear possible error conditions.

Make sure the printer is not connected to a computer with a USB cable. A USB connection can block Wi-Fi setup and disables the printer internet connection required for HP Instant Ink.

Check your router support website or documentation to make sure it meets the following requirements.

Many routers operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID. If the printer supports 5.0 GHz, connect it to the 5.0 GHz band SSID.

Bonjour support (Mac): HP recommends routers that support Bonjour, Apple's network discovery software. Connecting with Bonjour is the best way to find the printer and support wireless printing.

On your computer or mobile device, open the list of available networks.

If the network you are connected to is not yours, disconnect from the network and reconnect to your normal Wi-Fi network.

NOTE:

A printer connection cannot be established over public or guest networks that allow guest logins used in schools, hotels, or coffee shops.

If the network status is not connected, connect to your network, and then check the status again. A check mark or connected status displays next to the network name when connected.

Move the printer close to the router or range extender, and then check the printer connection status.

If the wireless light or icon is solid and blue, the printer is connected to the network.

If the wireless light or icon is off or flashing, the printer is not connected to the network. Go to HP printer setup (Wi-Fi network) for more information.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.