Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Pavillion G6 and Hp 5255 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after 3 days the printer will not connect to my wifi or print wifi direct it's about to meet the bottom of the pool

printer works fine through usb.  

there should be no reason why they don't communicate

time is running out on the printer or my internet provider

help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@shutterpoet 

Voucher codes?

"dormitory style"?

I don't know how you will sort out the tangle - for example, voucher codes and "Dormitory style" is outside of my experience for connecting / using Wireless service.  Another Expert / member might understand the context.

I can offer the following to get you started...

Product Specifications for the HP OfficeJet 5255 All-in-One Printer (M2U75A)

The printer is dual band.

Depending on the router and how it is set up, each bandwidth would have its own SSID network.

Make sure the printer is connected to the correct SSID (network name).

The printer does support Wi-Fi Direct (wireless without the use of a router).

If / When you are NOT using Wi-Fi Direct, toggle it OFF on the printer.

References / Resources (Places to look for help)

User Guide

Chapter 8 - Network Setup - starting on Page 84

Lots of information here:

Wireless printing center

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet 5255 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.