Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
  • my printer will not print from my remote system, but will print from other computers and devices
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @mel4015,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP printer is not printing from a remote system but is printing fine from other computers and devices, there could be a few possible reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Check Connection: Ensure that the remote system is properly connected to the same network as the printer. If it's a wireless connection, make sure the remote system is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.
  • Printer Status: Check the status of the printer on the remote system. Sometimes, printers may show as offline due to various reasons. If it's showing as offline, try setting it to online manually.
  • Printer Drivers: Make sure that the correct printer drivers are installed on the remote system. If not, download and install the latest drivers from the HP website specific to your printer model.
  • Firewall/Antivirus: Check if there are any firewall or antivirus settings blocking the connection between the remote system and the printer. Temporarily disable them and check if the printer can print.
  • Print Queue: Clear the print queue on the remote system. Sometimes, pending print jobs can cause issues.
  • Restart Devices: Try restarting both the printer and the remote system. This can often resolve connectivity issues.
  • Check Printer Configuration: Ensure that the printer settings on the remote system are correctly configured. Check settings such as paper size, print quality, etc.
  • Network Configuration: Verify that the network settings of the printer are correctly configured, especially if the printer is using a static IP address.
  • Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer and install them if necessary.

By going through these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with your HP printer not printing from your remote system.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.