Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2722 All-in-One Printer

I can’t connect my HP 2700 printer to my internet.

I think I know the reason why. It automatically tries to connect to a network called HP=Setup<5F_DeskJet 2700 series (that just appeared when i reinstalled the printer!).

When I use HP it gets stuck at the 2nd part and that's when it tries to connect that HP network.

I can’t ‘ignore’ that network and ive turned ‘automatically connect to this network’ off.

Every time I try to connect the printer to my network it automatically goes to the HP one and if I change it to my network it just changes it back to HP.

Can you please tell me how to stop it connecting to the HP one (and preferably making it disappear) and how to connect it to my network.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Novice31

Welcome to the HP support community.

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Windows 10 Home

HP Recommended

Over the weekend that HP setup network seems to have disappeared from the list of avialiable networks. But there now seems to be one called   Direct-5F HP-DeskJet 2700 series. 

WHen I got the the HP Smart app to add the printer to my network it says the printer is offlline and has USB001 also. It's says to make it online. But the printer is switched on and I have no idea how to make it online.

When i click on the troubleshooter in Devices and Network it says the printer is not the default.

But I click on the printer in printers and scanners on laptop it says that the printer is default and offline

HP Recommended

@Novice31 

Follow these steps to connect the printer:-

Restore network settings to default settings

• Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel together for three seconds

Use the HP Smart app to connect the printer to the WiFi router

Here are the steps:- Click here

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.