Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your very kind help.  This app actually did work.  So it is a work around from what I previously had,  which since moving to Windows 10 still does not work.

Windows 8 allowed me to place what I wanted scanned into my printer and when scanned it sent it to my File explorer, telling me where it was, or straight to my e-mail, if I wanted it sent as a message.   This no longer happens.

An upgrade in OS is now a backward step in User convenience.    That aside, many thanks, as it now gives me a work around.  

However, Windows 10 still won't let me download my photos from my Canon DSLR, I have to use another work around to achieve that..

Thank you again for all your very kind help.

John.

HP Recommended

6500 Officejet and windows 10 - cannot scan. I will join the chorus here. I have removed and re-installed the 6500 08/15/2105 full install on my Windows10 computer. I still get this message:

The scan cannot be performed because another program or computer is using the HP Network imaging device. Try again later.

1. My computer name is found by the prinrter.

2. The printer has only one ethernet address and the names match on the print doctor. (ran fix scan problems)

3. Printing and copying working.

4. using pdf as the file type.

Any solution that doesn't involve re-installing windows 10 will be gatefully appreciated.

HP Recommended

Brilliant. You've saved me hours of hassle and heartache. Thanks, Meg

HP Recommended

THIS!  THIS!!  THIS!!!   The comment from "Interestedperso" on Aug 20, 2015 was the one!

I spent hours trying to find the scanner settings on an HP Win 10 laptop which is wirelessly connected to a Photosmart 6510.  No luck at all - updated software and drivers, checked control panel settings, ran the HP Scan Doctor - nothing.  No way to get Printer Assistant to appear.  I could scan from the printer's touch panel to the computer, but couldn't control the scanner from the computer.

After reading this comment, I went to the printer's touchscreen control panel and called up the IP address, typed it in the browser, and Presto!  there are all the settings!  Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.