I'm copnsidering buying the HP 6978, but after 30 years of HP printer ownership experience, I know to check the forums first. My concern is envelope printing, and the online 697x manual does NOT give me a good feeling. See below:
To print envelopes (Windows)
1. Load paper in the input tray. For more information, see Load paper.
2. On the File menu in your software, click Print.
3. Make sure your printer is selected.
4. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences. NOTE: To set print settings for all print jobs, make the changes in the HP software provided with the printer. For more information on the HP software, see Printer management tools.
5. Select the appropriate options on the Printing Shortcut tab. To change other print settings, click the other tabs. For more printing tips, see Tips for successful printing. NOTE: If you change the paper size, be sure to load the correct paper in the input tray and set the paper size on the printer control panel.
6. Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
7. Click Print or OK to begin printing.
24 Chapter 3 Print ENWW
Does this explain how to print envelopes in Windows? Nope!