Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
8600 PRO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 8600 display is not readable.  I am one of several hundred who have reported this issue.  Why can't HP admit the product has a "defective" display  and send out replacement displays?  It should not matter about the status of warranty when it becomes a common issue like this.

Please don't tell me to read so and so, as I have studied this problem for several weeks and tried everything recommended to no avail.

We all need better support.  Many have left HGP for this same reason.  They have gone to Epson or Brother.  

I have always stayed with HP printers, but I too am  tired of being ignored.

Please HELP!!!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @ dwmilli

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why would your referring to another support group be considered a solution?

When my dis[play is working again because of your support, then I will post a positive solution.

HP Recommended

8600 display not readable (bright and fuzzy)

Second printer with this issue. HP no help. All solutions(unplug, wall outlet etc ) do not help. Screen is defective or planned obsolence.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Next printer Epsom with tanks

HP Recommended

I had the same problem as you and 1000's of others.  HP doesn't care!  They want to sale us another printer.

I went to EBAY and took a chance on a used display and it works great.  I paid $30, but printer like new now.

I have bought nothing butg HP printers for years, but with their response to all of us about failing displays, I am ready to try another vendor like Epson or Canon.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.