Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@7dingokids,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and you are back to printing as intended!  I wish you the best in all your future printing needs.

Happy Printing,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL wrote:

Hi,

I assume the issue may be caused due to lack of Multicast support or improper configuration of your router, this need to be supported by your network to discover the device using Apple Bonjour which any Apple device relies on.

Please clarify your router brand and model to better understand what may cuase the problem.

Shlomi

Linksys EA4500

HP Recommended

You are a genius!

I did what you suggested and Airprint now working perfectly!

Many thanks,

Plinkaplonk (Paul)

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay in  answering.

Router is an ATT NetGear gateway 890-755025-15; printer is HP Photosmart 6520.

Many thanks,   George

HP Recommended

I thought the problem was with my printer. I found that under the IPAD settings, wifi, that I could pick HP-Print-4E photosmart 7520, they both talked to each other (even the IPAD got the need to put paper in the printer message back) and printing worked great. Just have to remember to switch my wifi back for surfing the internet.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Shlomil. It is defintiely a router issue. I didnt manage to print by connecting to the printer through Settings. But foound and printed after changing routers.

I was previously able to print wirelessly using a Motorola 27535 but my cable company sent me a new router claiming faster spped - can't say I have noticed any difference. While using the new router - an ARRIS - was unable to print or even find My HP Photosmart 7520 usinf my iPhone, iPad or Macbook! After reading your post I decided to reconnect the Motorola router (yea, I still kept it lol) and surely enough, I could print from all my devices.

Thanks!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.