Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP 8000 jammed and I had to replace it with an 8610. I had just purchased new cartridges for the 8000. I am wondering if they can be used in the 8610.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 940 and 940XL cartridges are from the following printer:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=3777789#!tab=compatible_hosts

and 950's are for the following pinters:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=5094981#!tab=compatible_hosts

In short, they are not compatible.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

That reply of yours, '' are you willing to put your life on the line on your answer? Literally, I want to know if you are willing to stake your LIFE on your ANSWER.  From my sources, you are lying. According to sources, the 940 does fit into the 950 and you are lying, butt-head.

HP Recommended

I AM CONSIDERING SUING HP INTO THE NEXT CENTURY. NAMELY, WHEN THE SETTINGS ARE SET TO ''BLACK AND WHITE'', THE PIECE OF CRAP 8610 CONSUMES AS MUCH COLOR INK AS IF IT WAS SET TO COLOR. MY OPINION IS TO SHOVE THOSE THIEVES FROM HP INTO A WOOD CHIPPER.   THE PRINT SETTINGS MENU IS FRAUD. THE WAY HP SCREWS CONSUMERS IS CRIMINAL.  THERE IS NO ''DISCLAIMER'' THAT SAYS, WHEN SETTING TO BLACK AND WHITE, THAT THE FRIGGIN 8610 CONSUMES COLOR INK.  I THINK THOSE HP THIEVES DESERVE A 44 SLUG TO THEIR HEADS FOR THIS AGGREGOUS FORM OF THEFT.  HP ENGAGES IN FRAUD, AND MORE FRAUD, AND MORE FRAUD.

HP Recommended

@WARREN_G wrote:

That reply of yours, '' are you willing to put your life on the line on your answer? Literally, I want to know if you are willing to stake your LIFE on your ANSWER.  From my sources, you are lying. According to sources, the 940 does fit into the 950 and you are lying, butt-head.

You are correct!  Those cartridges will fit in the printer!   However, they won't work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.