Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 5740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got Auto Detect and Auto Crop back on a 5740.  

On 8/19/2016 I got a Software Update notice on Printer Assist for an update.  

One update was HP Basic Device Software and another was HP Device Functions 14.  

It brought a new and cleaner looking UI Screen.  

Scan is still a tab there, but when you select Jpeg as Save Type there is a MORE tap in the top right corner.  

That tab provides an Input Page Size and one of the drop down options there is a DETECT PHOTOS option.

It detects, auto crops and saves each scanned image to any selected file.  

The only odd thing is that Tech Support apparently knew nothing about it.

But a Manager in Tech Support finally called and pointed it out to me.

THANK YOU

WELL DONE. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @CKHedges,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Thanks for sharing your findings with the rest of the community here!

We'll like to provide this relevant resource to help people who needs a step by step guide to scanning multiple photos with Auto Crop:

Scan multiple photos with Auto Crop 

For more scanning resources, please feel free to check out this link :

Scanning for Dummies

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I am sorry to say that your HP printer team here in India is very unhelpfull, they don't understand what the customer is saying and the customer has to repeat the same thing again and again. After reading your post I was able to use the multiple auto crop feature in my printer HP 419, but unfortunately its able to seperate 2 or 3 of the images but joins the last 2 images into a single picture. So I showed them your post and proof using remote assistance, even to a senior level official, but nope they kept on saying its not possible without making any sense or logic and at the end they simply disconnected the customer.

HP Recommended

I am sorry to say that your HP printer team here in India is very unhelpfull, they don't understand what the customer is saying and the customer has to repeat the same thing again and again. After reading your post I was able to use the multiple auto crop feature in my printer, HP 419, but unfortunately its able to seperate 2 or 3 of the images but joins the last 2 images into a single picture. So I showed them your post and proof using remote assistance, even to a senior level official, but nope they kept on saying its not possible without making any sense or logic and at the end they simply disconnected the customer.

HPProblem.JPG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.