cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Black Ink won't print

HP Recommended
Photosmart 5520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Black ink cartridge newly replaced and detected as full but printer has just stopped printing black and none of the troubleshooting tips have resolved the problem.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,855 9,844 923 1,577
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Nick325 - Greetings!

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I see that you are getting issues while printing black on your HP Photosmart 5520 printer. I'd definitely try my best to help you find a solution 😉

Let's start by cleaning the print head on your Photosmart printer. Here are the steps:

1. Make sure that plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper is loaded in the tray.

2. From the control panel home screen, touch the Settings icon (), and then touch Tools.

3. Touch the Down Arrow (), and then touch Clean Printhead. The product cleans the printheads, and then prints a test page.

4. Review the print quality on the test page.

5. If the print quality is acceptable, click No. You can stop troubleshooting.

6. If the print quality is unacceptable, click Yes when prompted to perform the next level of cleaning. You might need to perform the cleaning 2-3 times.

Here are some additional steps that you can try to fix this issue: http://hp.care/2ptlytW 

If still can’t get black ink printed, then try using an alternate black cartridge on your printer and check.

Let me know how that goes. Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation