Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello everybody!

Yesterday I don't know what happened, but the printer started with that "MFG Mode". I searched how to deal with this issue and solved it. After this, a second problem, the small screen was frozen, and was not printing anything. I don't know how it is in english (because I use it in portuguese) but it was written something like: "Load plain white paper and press OK". I put the paper, and nothing happened after pressing the "OK" button.

I entered at Control Panel and went to the printer setup and asked for print a "Diagnostic Information" and... I don't know how it printed! I could also align the new ink cartigles I just bought.

But now the buttons are simply NOT working! The screen is frozen, showing just "Alignment succesfuly, press OK to continue". When I press the Ok button nothing happened! Any ideas how to fix this issue? Even the power button is not working.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi
Meta_Morphine,

I suggest that you try a hard reset to solve to button problem.  To do this, unplug all cables including the power cord from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.  Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source.  If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.  After 60 seconds, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet ( not a surge protector or battery backup )  and then plug it into the back of the printer.   Let me know what happens.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Hey Rich1!

Yes, I made it. Sorry if I'm kinda late, there was too much work on those weeks, I just had some time to do it today.

The informations at the screen changed, indeed. Now it's written "Installation/Color Copy/Grayscale Copy". But none of the buttons are working yet.

And now just the scanning is working. I can't print anything. =( And neither install it again because the buttons are not working.

I was talking to my brother yesterday and he said that a few days ago some water drops felt into the printer because of a little reform that we are doing at home. Do you think that maybe this was the problem?

HP Recommended

That could be the problem.  Water and electronics are not a good mixture.  We could try a semi full reset if you want.  I don't know that it would work since the buttons are not responding.  I would need you to agree to not publish the steps.  I can send them by private post.  If it works, it will clear the memory of the printer and return it to factory defaults.  If it is on a wireless network, it would be taken off and would need to be put back on.  Let me know if you want to try it.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Wow. Do you know any way to open it? The one year warranty had just run out. I think that maybe I can open it and try do fix it.

Like I said, all the LED lights are working, even the small screen, too. The problem is that when I press the buttons they don't respond.

Well, so please, send me this semi full reset command. I wil try it, better than nothing.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Can anyone help. I have the same problem, the buttons on the printer are not responding so I cannot copy.  The small screen displays Setup; Black Copy; Color Copy but nothing happens when pressed.  The printer works fine if the command is via computer such as for scanning or printing.

thanks.

HP Recommended

@Quest22, can you try a hard reset with the printer? If this doesn't work, you might want to try and call HP @ 8004746836

and see what options they have to replace or repair the printer. 

Hard Reset: 

Unplug the power cord from the printer and wall 

Wait 30 sec

Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall (Make sure the printer is plugged into the wall and not a surge protector) 

Let me know the outcome.
HP Recommended

Help i changed my ink cartridges on my HP 3050 printer and now it says to press ok. The ok button will not work. I tried to unplug and replug back in and still dont work. screen just says Both genuine HP cartridges press ok and i cant. Please help

HP Recommended

Thanks lions99.  I had done a hard reset but to no avail.  I could scan and print as that's a command via the pc, but could not copy as that needs the small buttons for the small screen.   I also had to make sure the printer doesn't run out of paper, as that would need the small screen to continue again.    After some months now, the buttons are working well and the printer is copying, as if nothing ever was.  So I really don't know what happened or what fixed it, but I'm glad.

HP Recommended

Great! 

I'm glad it's working now.

Also, thanks for the KUDOS! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.