Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8715

Hi

I have just found a folder C:\Users\stuar\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS04F9 which looks to be the set up folder when I installed my new printer last week... problem is this 750MB in size...

The software has installed and the printer works, so can I delete this folder? CCleaner wants to delete all the files but I never run this, do not trust just cleaning files... 🙂 

I am going to try a reboot to see if that clears the temp folder 🙂 If not can i delete it?

Stuart 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Generally speaking, you really shouldn't tamper with the AppData folder. It is the folder your programs use to store their information.

Your applications have been installed but they still need this folder to store information and data during their lives.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

That is my concern, but 750MB seems a very large file... looks to have a lot of setup files .. Strange thing is my desktop which I do run CCleaner on does not have these folders at all... 

HP Recommended

This is the content of the 750MB folder.... Are these just the set up files for the software?

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

All sorted 🙂 I ran the Windows disc cleanup which I do quite regular and as the softwae was installed 7 days ago it has removed all the files and folders 🙂 750MB space reclaimed 🙂 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.