Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand the printer is out of alignment. Calibrating the printer didn't fix the issue.

Thank you for your reply.
I will be happy to help you with this.

I have provided a document for Resolving Print Quality Issues.

Solution eight: Print a diagnostics page provides a diagnostics page to see if a specific toner is causing this issue and shows the alignment bars when correct and incorrect.

Make sure you are using supported paper and the guides are not too tight or too loose. Poor quality paper can cause this also.

Try a different type of paper and  make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet.

Inspect the toner drum to make sure a blade isn't sticking out causing this issue. Check the paper path for any obstructions.

If you require further help please provide the following information so I can assist
you better.

Did you have any paper jams before this occurred?

Did you change out any of the toners prior?

Is the toner Genuine HP?

Are you getting any grinding noise from the printer?

Hope this helps.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

THANK YOU    THANK YOU  THANK YOU!!!  I took all the steps you recommended and my problem was resolved.  I have been trying for weeks to find a resolution.  

HP Recommended

I am on my 3rd CP1518 printer & my last HP color printer.  The first CP1518 printer I bought started printing fuzzy text where the red was out of alignment and I tried calibrating it on the machine buttons itself to no avail. I just put the printer in a closet and bought an identical one to replace it with.  This second CP1518 machine lasted just over a year then it also started printing red out of alignment so page looks out of focus.   I put that one in the closet on top of the other bad one, and bought a 3rd CP1518ni machine.  Today my 3rd CP1518 has started printing fuzzy red. This time I am on my followed the directions to calibrate the machine using this method:   clicking start,all programs, hp, select your printer, hptoolboxfx, under device settings click print quality then click calibrate now option.  I did it 3 times in a row and the red was aligned a little better than before. Then I did it a 4th time and the lines are totally out of alignment messed up worse than before, and I can't get it better.  It is shameful to have 3 machines like this going to trash bin just because hp can't resolve alignment of the red print after less than 2 years of use. Certainly not "green"  hp 

So my suggestion is use the hptoolboxfx to calibrate it, then print the diagnostics page using the printer's buttons, up to 3 times but stop at 3 if it improved.

HP Recommended

Another satisfied pundit; your solution does work.  Thanks so much.

To all out there, just be patient and be prepared to calibrate 3 or 4 times; the alignment gets better with every iteration.

HP Recommended

printerfixerguy - It worked ! Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!  I was about to throw the printer out the window !  :generic:

HP Recommended

you're very welcome, I'm glad that post is still helping people almost 2 1/2 years later...

HP Recommended

Seriously!!  THANK YOU!  This project got shoved to the "Oh Well" list.  But on a random search this morning...  I had calibrated that printer so many times.  I looked for and thought I had updated the firmware....

I didn't think this would work, but followed the steps anyway.  Thank you again! 

HP Recommended

Any advice on next steps after this doesn't work? My black is off, and I've upgraded firmware, re-installed drivers, calibrated several times, reset to defaults, even tried a new black cartridge, nothing seems to help. It was printing fine up until now, just had this shift show up suddenly.

HP Recommended

My laser jet CP151ni is printing a blurred image.  The red does not lign up.

HP Recommended

Having the same magenta and black misalignment issue, mainly on the right side.  Read several posts and suggested solutions.  Replaced all four toner cartridges.  Downloaded all up-to-date drivers and firmware.  Did a hard power-down and powered back up.  Recalibrated color three times.  Still skewed on the right just as before.

This has now cost me hundreds of $$$ and more than four hours of lost productivity.  Not what I expected when I bought a highly-vaunted HP LaserJet.  Can someone from HP get on here and give 1) a clear explanation of what so many are experiencing (i.e., why is this happening), and 2) a clear solution?  -- Please?!  So far, all I've read from HP is a lot of pablum and endless "try this."  We need some solid customer support here folks!

Also: Can anyone share how to interpret the Diagnostic Page print out (which clearly shows skewed colors on the right side)?  I've printed out three, and each is a bit different.  I don't know what the numbers and astrixes indicate. Please and thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.