cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
tom101davies
Level 2
10 10 0 6
Message 61 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I print in black ink only on an Officejet 6600/6700? How would I do this? Thanks for all help.

I am suprised they dont shut down the scanner because the ink is out, only saying................

Tags (1)
fritz34
2 1 0 0
Message 62 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I print in black ink only on an Officejet 6600/6700? How would I do this? Thanks for all help.

@Junior48 wrote:

Can I print in black ink only on an Officejet 6600/6700? How would I do this?

@Junior48 wrote:

@Junior48 wrote:

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
snoweyy
2 1 0 2
Message 63 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't know what it is about the hp printers. I have a hp office jet 6700 and my family had this printer for about a month or close to two. The black cartridge is out but it still prints black. I guess it is a glitch? Also we only printed like 10-15 pages in color and already the cartridges are close to empty. Can someone please tell me how many pages you can print in color and black and white? I feel HP has ripped me off and I think my family and I are going to return the printer. I don't care if the printer glitched I feel like I got ripped off!

Slipperz
1 1 0 2
Message 64 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WOW...I wish i read all this before buying HP the Officejet 6600. Beware of the ink problems as in you cant print if just one of the ink cartridges is empty, even if it is a color one and you want to print black and white.  If you only print black and white, you still run out of color ink and need to replace it before it can print again.... epic fail.  I packed mine up after a couple months old to take back to Costco.  At least they have a return policy that doesnt allow the customer to be stuck with crap.

designswest
Level 3
6 6 0 33
Message 65 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What a waste. Stupid printer sitting in my office. Much money spent going to the library and other places to print customer invoices, etc. So.....just wondering, have any of you bought another printer and would recommend it? I need a new one. Not an HP, of course. Looking for ideas. Cannon?
Tags (2)
TuacaTom
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 66 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP could update their firmware to correct the problems printing with some (color) cartridges registering as empty, but they won't so I am throwing my HP printer away and buying from a different manufacturer that does not have this designed faulty limitation.

Tags (3)
helenteic
Level 1
1 1 0 3
Message 67 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too am getting rid of mine, same issue.    but I'll be getting my money back.  Costco is very good about things like this

Tags (3)
JoeSchmoe2015
1 1 0 1
Message 68 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't believe a hacker hasn't figured out a way to bypass this error yet?  Has anyone bumped into a "workaround"?

Tags (1)
Crnko
1 1 0 0
Message 69 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ne kupuvajte proizvodi na HP tie se izmamnici ke potrosite poveke pari na  color cartridges otkolku na samiot printer a samo da znaete kolku ve cini pecatenje na 1 strana tekst vo crno (black) mnogu skapo !!!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Matt82654
Level 1
3 2 0 6
Message 70 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This printer is a real piece of crap. I have one and had to just decide to throw it out and go get something that is not HP. This is the second HP product Iv'e had to do this with so I'll never buy another one.  therre is no fix to this problem and HP just wants to sell un-needed product.

Tags (3)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation