Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi there!  I am confused about my printer.  I want to make some iron-on transfers for doll clothes and all the papers I have found state for inkjet printers only.  My HP Photosmart says it is a thermal inkjet printer.  I asked customer service at dharma trading about their super soft transfer paper and the response was that since my printer is a thermal injet, they were not sure and the only way to find out would be to test it.  Well, that would be fine if I wasn't worried that the paper would ruin my printer if my printer is the wrong type of printer needed.  I have looked and looked online for paper that requires thermal inkjet printers but have not found any. 

Does anyone here know if I can use my printer to make iron-on transfers?  If not, can you recommed a good HP Printer for making them?  Thanks everyone and have a wonderful day!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

To print iron on I would think is more for thermal printers which are different to thermal inkjet, both use water based inks but I would of thought using an inkjet for iron on wouldn't last very long, we use soft solvent inks for that type and on a wide format printer.

Just my thoughts, wait for an expert with full knowledge to give their opinion too.

HP Recommended

:womanfrustrated: Oh geesh.....I am getting very upset here.  I went ahead and sent this question to HP Customer Support and was told it wouldn't do iron-on transfers.  So I asked what printer would work for this and then they tell me my printer will do iron-on transfers.  Talk about contraditing....even the booklet on this printer contradicts itself.  One place it says the technology used is in fact inkjet while another page states the technology used is thermal inkjet.  I sent both responses back to HP Customer Support and hopefully I get a straight answer this time.  Until then, does anyone here use their HP Printer to print iron-on transfers?  If so, what Printer are you using?  Thanks! 

HP Recommended

According to HP, you can use their thermal transfer paper without a problem.

Does that mean if it screws up your printer they are liable for the damage caused?

I doubt it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.