Note on archived topics.
02-23-2018 02:32 PM
When I attempt to install the OfficeJet 8610 software, the process always fails with "Unsuccessful Network Installation The printer was unable to be installed over the network." after successfully identifying the OfficeJet Pro 8610 printer on the wireless network.
The OfficeJet Pro 8610 printer is accessed on a wireless network. The printer used to work on this PC until a recent Windows update. There are 3 other computers that use this printer just fine.
I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling with no success.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-23-2018 03:05 PM
Try / Consider:
Essentially the same fix as for the “not compatible with a policy” error, this repair method can help in those cases where Windows Updates may have corrupted driver components in the Operating System.
Solution contributed by ShlomiL
Be aware that if you have other printers installed on your PC, those printers will need to be reinstalled once completing these steps.
1. Uninstall the HP Software from your PC.
2. Create a backup of your full registry prior making any registry changes:
3. Update your registry using the Reg file below (that will change some printer related policies for your PC):
4. Right-click the Start menu and select Run
Type Services.msc and press OK.
Locate and stop the Print Spooler service
5. Browse to c:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers
Rename W32X86 to W32x86.old
Rename x64 to x64.old
Note: if any of these folders fail to rename reboot your PC and then Continue following the steps starting from Step 4...
6. Restart your computer.
7. Reinstall the HP Software and check for any difference
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.