Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can't print 5x7 or 4x6 pictures on 5x7 or 4x6 paper. When that size is put in the printer, it says out of paper. It will print a 5x7 or 4x6 photo on 8x10 paper. I also notice that when I print from Windows Live Photo gallery (where my pictures are)  on the right hand side it says full page photo (which I can't get rid of) despite the fact that I list the paper size as 4x6 or 5x7.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jmalj

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy 

As I understand you are unable to print 5x7 or 4x6 pictures,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you attempted to make necessary changes to the print settings?

If you haven't yet, please try the below steps:

Making the Printer print on 4x6 paper for single print job

1. File→Print→Select respective Printer driver→Properties→Paper/Quality Tab
  2. Change the paper setting to 4 x 6 & Source to Photo Tray
  3. In case you wish to print on Borderless paper, Select Borderless Printing
  4. I would advise you use 4 x 6 photo papers with tabs to print borderless
    • Is the image formatted before printing the 4 x 6 image on a 4 x 6 paper
    • Does the customer use right paper for printing 4 x 6 with Tab / without Tab
    • A single print job change in printer driver setting will not be saved once the application is reset.
    • You may need to select it again
    • And Make sure that correct paper and tray are selected in the print drivers.

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.