cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fripp505
Level 2
4 3 1 4
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

Solved!

Can't print black and white on L7590 with no yellow ink

HP Recommended

I ran out of ink at the weekend and got a new black ink cartridge. Unfortunately I didn't notice that I was also out of yellow ink. I desparately need to print some plain black text but the printer refuses to as it's out of yellow ink! I don't want to print in yellow. Is there any way to disable this error message for a HP OfficeJet Pro L7590?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
techsupport999
Level 1
10 10 0 1
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There will be no way to skip that message.. You need to replace the yellow cartridge bec the printer will undergo a system check before you can use it. Ink cartridge check is included.

So you need to have sufficient ink in the cartridges before you can do anything else..

:Wink:

0 Kudos
fripp505
Author
Level 2
4 3 1 4
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for replying, however I'm sure there must be a way of ignoring ink levels as it is possible with certain key combinations on other HP printers. In my printer, I can get into some hidden menus by pressing *# together then 123, 124, 125 etc If I go into the 329 menu there's a rw parameter item. Though without spending all day, I doubt I'm going to figure out which one (if any) is to disable low ink notification.
0 Kudos
fripp505
Author
Level 2
4 3 1 4
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Never mind, I figured it out. If you set the printer to manufacturing mode, it ignores the ink levels. Sorted.
SCC1
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How did you get it into 'manufacturing mode'?

0 Kudos
Galz
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Using Officejet Pro L7590 printer connected to my laptop using XP Pro OS: So many people I've seen on forums have the same problem... The warning message on the printer states: A colour cartrage is low/empty and the printer won't print at all even though I select the "black ink only" option. A solution posted on an old thread is to set the printer to "manufacturing mode". Can't find where to do this. I need an answer on how to get around this asap. Thanks

0 Kudos
MrsKsanders
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem. I have no yellow ink and I want to print in black and white only. Is there a work around? Please help!!! I have an HP L7590, my OS is Vista

0 Kudos
steals
5 3 0 0
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SCC1 wrote:

0 Kudos
steals
5 3 0 0
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fripp505 wrote:
Never mind, I figured it out. If you set the printer to manufacturing mode, it ignores the ink levels. Sorted.

manufacturing mode? How?

0 Kudos
TommyDyo
3 2 0 0
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any word on how to set Manufacturing mode?  It looks like there is a programing error in the HP...If this cannot be resolved, this may be the LAST HP product I buy!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation