When I open my printer from the computer and click on send a fax nothing happens. I can send a fax from the printer and can scan & print from the computer. Has worked in the past but recently quit working. Not a computer guy so please help.
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that you are unable to send the fax from your computer.
This issue could occur if the digital fax is not setup on the computer.
Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.
And here's the step by step guide for you listed below to set it up in either of the two ways:
To set up HP Digital Fax from the printer software (Windows):
1. Open the HP printer software. Click on start >> All Programs >> HP >> HP Officejet Pro 8600 series.
2. Go to the Fax section under the Print, Scan & Fax, and then double-click Digital Fax Setup.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions
To set up HP Digital Fax from Embedded web server (EWS):
1. On the Home tab, click Fax to Email/Network Folder in the Setup box.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
3. After you have entered the required information, click Save and Test to make sure the link to the network folder is working correctly.
How to Use HP Digital Fax:
After you set up HP Digital Fax, any black-and-white faxes that you receive print, by default, and then are saved to the designated destination—either the network folder or email address that you have specified:
● If you are using Fax to Network Folder, this process happens in the background. HP Digital Fax does not notify you when faxes are saved to the network folder.
● If you are using Fax to Email and if your email application is set to notify you when new email messages arrive in your inbox, you can see when new faxes arrive.