Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've been a very pleased owner of a LaserJet 1536dnf MFP all-in-one printer, scanner, copier, fax. The device is running the latest firmware, it is connected via a hard-wired ethernet connection, and I use it mainly with my laptop which is connected to the same open network via wi-fi. The laptop is running Windows 7 32-bit with the latest drivers, utilities, and diagnostics tools installed.

The problem I started running into today is two-fold:

1. The copier no longer produces copies when feeding one or more pages into the ADF. In other words, the pages are pulled through and the display shows the status as "copying" but no copies are produced. Also, there are no errors indicated on the display.
  2. The HP Scan utility no longer completes scans via the ADF for one or more pages. Pages are pulled through the ADF then the HP Scan utility presents a simple "An error occured while scanning" error message. I observed similar behavior when attempting to scan via the native windows applications (photo viewer, windows fax and scan, microsoft office document scanning, etc).

Regular flatbed copying and scanning still works without a hitch for 1 page at a time. I have been using both scenarios above for over a year without any issues. There have been no software installs/updates applied to my laptop in the time these issues surfaced. I have run the print, scan, and network diagnostics utilities from HP and they all show zero problems.

I have not been able to find any relevant info for either of the issues above via HP support or third-party forums. My hunch is that these are somehow related to a device firmware / hardware / configuration issue and am hoping to find some support via this forum. Appreciate your feedback in advance!

Best,

Igor

95 REPLIES 95
HP Recommended

Hi lgor0, 

Run the steps in the document below, and let me know if this helps resolve the issue?

Document feeder mispick' Message Displays on the Control Panel and the ADF Does Not Pick Up Paper or...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thanks. I followed the steps in the first two solutions already and it did not help. This certainly is not a "mispick" issue. The feeder / rollers are working perfectly. Problem is in the output - nothing coming out when copying and unknown errors when scanning. I am hesitant to go down the third path - out of warranty service - because I am not convinced it's a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

Hi igor0, 

If you are unable to make a standalone copy from the ADF then open the ADF unit and check for any jammed paper. If there is no jammed paper then you will need to contact technical support to have the printer serviced. If you are in the US/Canada regions call 800-474-6836. Click on the link below if you live Outside the US/Canada region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02209786

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Appreciate your response though I have to say that I am VERY dissapointed with the poor quality and premature failure of the ADF on this printer (total of 454 ADF pages). After just over 1 year in service and just when I need it most, the ADF is not working and it is one of the main features of this product.

HP Recommended

Hey,

I was having the same problem, and I just got it able to scan multiple pages again.

I lifted up the side piece. Then removed the feed tray by lifting it straight up and pulling it out. Then I took a single page and tried to do a copy. The feeder grabbed the paper and ran it though no problems. I then put everything back together again and it was able to scan multiple pages.

Hope it helps.

~Doug

HP Recommended

What's the "side piece"? I tried to lift the ADF out but couldn't. Can you please elaborate how I should do this? Sorry to be dense.

HP Recommended

100_1472.JPG

This is the side piece that was lifted. The feed tray was removed and I manually ran one page through with the copy button. Then put the feed tray back and affter that i was able to scan multiple pages with no problems.

HP Recommended
The image didn't come through...
HP Recommended

Thanks for the idea! Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Still the same symptoms. Gotta love my glorified printer - can't fax, can't copy or scan multiple pages at a time. What a waste of space.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.