Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 2610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I've succesfully upgrade my Pavilion dv7-4180sd notebook to windows 10 but cannot for the life of me get my HP Photosmart 2610 installed.

Response:

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Unable to find a core package driver that is required by the printer driver package

It makes no difference whether I just connect the printer and then use windows update driver software or the AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5 download from HP

Is there anyone who can help me please?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I'm having a similar problem. I've downloaded and installeed the latest full version of the HP software from their web site.  The software says it installed correctly, but when I check the device manager it shows there are no printer drivers installed.

HP Recommended

Having the same problem installing the latest HP software, AIO_CDB_NET_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe.

I just tried running the install using a Window 8 compatibility mode. It appears the software installed correctly and the Device Manager no longer shows drivers missing for the printer.

To run the install software in the Windows 8 mode:

Right click on the install file "AIO_CDB_NET_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe"

From the menu that open select "Troubleshoot compatibility".

When the next window open select "Troubleshoot program".

Make sure the box is checked for "The program worked in an earlier version of Windows but won't install or run now"

In the nex window select "Windows 8" and click "Next".

Click the "Test the program" box.

It will start the installation program. Note that the Windows "User Account Control" window will most likely be covered up, but you should see the flashing "Shield" icon on the taskbar. Click it and allow the install program to run.

HP Recommended
Thanks for your comment.
I did as you suggested following all your steps to the letter but it still says Drivers Missing.
Any other thoughts?
HP Recommended

Jack, I've tried your solution again a few more times but always end up with either:

a) using the full package install .exe
     Driver is unavailable; or

b) using windows update:
     Hewlett-Packard driver update for HP Photosmart 2600 - Error 0x80070002

Anyone from HP and / or Microsoft out there with a solution?

Anyone else managed to get it working?

It would be so nice to be able to continue using my printer :generic:

HP Recommended

Perhaps an interesting observation for any HP person reading this thread:

HP Support Assistant is also not able to detect my Photosmart 2610 using 'Add a device'.

I am using:

HP Support Assistant v 8.0.29.6

Framework 12.0.30.81

Configuration files 8.0.5264.0908

and 'Check for latest version' advises that the software is up to date.

HP Recommended

The downloaded install package that worked for me using the Windows 8 compatiblity option was AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe

It is available on the HP web site at:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL30951/mp-110188-3/AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe

HP Recommended

My printer was also not detected by the software when I tried to install the printer on my laptop which was connected wirelessly to my network. I had to click the link to select another solution and then specify the IP address of the printer in the network. I obtained the printers IP address by logging into my router and looking at the connections status.

HP Recommended

I don't give up easily so I tried it again and then ran 'troubleshoot' from 'Devices and printers'

After going through Detecting problems / Install a driver for this device / Apply this fix / Resolving problems / and Detecting additional problems, I ended up on 'Troubleshooting has completed' with the message:

Photosmart 2600 series doesn't have a driver

HP Recommended

I have now tried anything and everything I could find to install my printer. Using the the AiO so called windows 10 software, using the Windows 8 compatibility mode with the same software, using the Windows 7 compatibility mode with the AiO windows 7 software, going back to a clean installation and using the windows add a printer function.

Nothing works:smileymad:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.