cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TP13
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Cannot remove my printer

HP Recommended
  • On Win10 on Surface Pro 3,  I tried to remove HPC86C02 (HP OfficeJet 8710) because it showed offline and wouldn't print.
  • Mouse over showed "removing" but it remains.
  • I stopped the Print Spooler, deleted the temp file from Windows/System32/Spool/PRINTERS, and restarted the Print Spooler successfully
  • Print Spooler Dependencies are HTTP and RPC
  • When attempting to print from OneNote or Word, HPC86C02 (HP OfficeJet 8710) does not appear in the "Select Printer" box.
  • Settings-Manage your Device-HPC86C02 (HP OfficeJet Pro 8710)
    • Open Print Que returns the error: "Printer HPC86C02 (HP OfficeJet Pro 8710) does not exist on this computer"
    • Print a Test Page returns the error "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709))
    • Hardware Properties returns the error "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."
  • Yet HP All-in-One Remote app on Surface Pro 3 prints a printer status report successfully
  • iPhone prints successfully wirelessly
  • …but OneNote and MSWord on my Surface Pro 3 can't find the printer??
  • …and HPC86C02 (HP OfficeJet 8710) cannot be removed and added a new??
  • Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation