Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4630
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I can not find the button to be able to change presets. Where is it in this screen shot I can get them to list but not delete or add new ones

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 5.12.39 PM.png

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@JorgeCohen, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are unable to find change presents when you are printing from your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Open a document, then choose File > Print  (Command + P)
NOTE: You may have to click Show Details (Or down arrow in top right corner)
Choose any print settings you want to save as a preset
Click the Presets drop-down menu, see arrow in image

Click Save Current Settings as Preset.
Enter a name for the preset settings, then choose whether to use the preset for only the currently selected printer or all printers.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I did figure how to add new presets but how do I delete some duplicates?

HP Recommended

@JorgeCohen, It's good to hear from you again. I was indeed waiting for your response.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

I'm glad the steps I provided worked for you.

Please try the steps mentioned below.

Click the Presets drop-down menu again, this time click Show Presets.
From here you can delete or duplicate presets

To print with your preset settings:
Choose File > Print (Command + P)
Click the Presets pop-up menu, then choose your preset. If you don't see the Presets pop-up menu, click Show Details. You see all presets available for that printer. If you don't see a preset that you expect in the list, it's possible that you created that preset for only a specific printer.

Please let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is a little "screwy" The only choosable from the list shown below is "Check Printing" I can understand why "Default" is not choosable but all the others, I created. If I choose one of the others, the delete button grays out and is not choosable

Thanks for your help

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 1.48.01 PM.png

HP Recommended

@JorgeCohen, I was indeed waiting for your response, thanks for getting back to us.

As you mentioned the delete button is grayed out.

I would suggest you update your MAC to the latest version and install the printer software and check if it helps.

Please find the link to update the printer software.

Please try the steps mentioned below to remove printer software from your PC.

Click Finder in the Dock.
In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, then open the HP or Hewlett-Packard folder.
If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it, then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step.
Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.
In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, then click Go.
The Printers folder opens.
Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.
Restart the Mac.
Right-click or Ctrl + click the Trash icon, then select Empty Trash.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well I went ahead and did an uninstall and D/L and installed latest Driver and Software.  Attempted new print and once again attempted to delete some existing presets (My "check printing" preset was deleted in D/L new software) but still delete button is grayed out when clicking on any preset. It appears that with this software, HP has added new presets. New screen shot below

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 5.21.16 PM.png

HP Recommended

Hi @JorgeCohen,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @MrRobot, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I would like to inform you that you will be able to delete only the presets you have created and the default presets won't get deleted.

Follow below steps to delete the presets and check if it helps.

1. In the Custom Presets section of the Print dialog, select the preset you want to delete.

2. Choose Delete Preset from the Print Action pop-up menu (with a gear icon).

3. Confirm the deletion in the dialog that appears.

The preset is deleted from the Custom Presets list.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I do not see Custom Presets nor a gear icon. I am using a Mac OS 10.12.4

The screen shot is what I see hen I click on "show presets" It appears that I now have more presets that I did not create.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 4.59.03 PM.png

HP Recommended

Hi @JorgeCohen,

I checked the screenshot you share and I see that all the preset available there are the default preset and as I mentioned it my previous post you will not be able to delete them.

I recommend you to create a custom preset and then try deleting it.

Let me know how it works.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.