Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro X551dw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Clear output tray area

Still looking for a fix to the Clear output try error. Along with many others by the look of it. 

HP is just another crap company who does not care about it's customers. They rely on customer forms to serve as customer support. Why would they fix what you have is you get tired of trying to fix it you'll buy another one. You can use third party ink, despite it is 1/3 the cost, they are over priced and they don't provide any customer service. A great example of what is wrong with Mega huge companies today.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you do not like the forums you could contact HP Support at http://www.hp.com/contacthp.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I appreciate the forms, without them there would be no support at all. I thank everyone here that helps each other out. What I don't like is a Mega company pushing it's responsiblities on to it's customers. Thanks for helping people here. I wish you had some advice for me but maybe some else will

HP Recommended

Is your printer still in warranty? You can check with HP's warranty tool here.  My first choice would be HP Support.

If the printer is not under warranty you might see the suggestion in the post here to check the sensor flag.

If the above does not resolve the issue I found a troubleshooting manual for the Officejet Pro x551.  There are links on page 54 to sections that may help.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.