Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've clicked on the wrong country on the initial setup of the printer.

Now I'd like to correct the country but the only possibility to change the country seems to bee a cold reset/factory reset of the printer.

How can a cold reset/factory reset be done with the HP LaserJet 500 colorMFP M570dw? I couldn't find the answer in the manual...

Thanks for your answers

GeHoGo

P.S. This thread has been moved from Laserjet to Multifunction and All-in-One - HP Forums Moderator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
What you need is a NVRAM or a Super NVRAM. Both will do the job for this issue: NVRAM initialization CAUTION: All HP Jetdirect settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before performing an NVRAM initialization. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page. You need to restore the IP address after performing an NVRAM initialization. An NVRAM initialization erases all data stored in the unprotected NVRAM sections. Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information: ● All menu settings are reset to factory default values. ● All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset. After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product so that the computers can recognize the product. 1. Turn the product off. 2. Touchscreen control panel models: Press and hold the lower right quadrant of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on. 3. When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons. 4. When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state. Super NVRAM initialization A super NVRAM initialization restores the product to the “generic product mode” in which it arrived from the factory. This means that you will have to reset the language and country/region settings when the product starts after the initialization. A super NVRAM initialization erases all data stored in the protected and unprotected NVRAM sections. 1. Turn the product off. 2. Press and hold the lower left quadrant of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on. 3. When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons. 4. When the super NVRAM initialization has been completed, the product enters the generic product mode.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Not sure on this model but go the administration menu and scroll down to general printer settings and then scroll down to restore factory settings and select and see if that solves the issue.
HP Recommended

Hi David,

thanks for your suggestion.

I've already tried the restore factory settings option in the normal menu, but unfortunately the country setting is totally unaffected by this factory reset.

As far as I've read the only option to change the country is the so called cold reset...

Regards

GeHoGo

HP Recommended
Since the printer is new HP should provide support via telephone for the product. Call hp customer care and ask for technical support and they should be able to put someone on the line who can tell you how to make the change. Cold reset which was available on most models prior to the introduction of smart firmware models appears not be be available now at least it is not in the service manual. I am sure hp has a procedure you can use to change the language. This is a forum where users and technical people provide what information they know to help others so none of us may know what procedures are necessary to correct your issue.
HP Recommended
What you need is a NVRAM or a Super NVRAM. Both will do the job for this issue: NVRAM initialization CAUTION: All HP Jetdirect settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before performing an NVRAM initialization. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page. You need to restore the IP address after performing an NVRAM initialization. An NVRAM initialization erases all data stored in the unprotected NVRAM sections. Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information: ● All menu settings are reset to factory default values. ● All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset. After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product so that the computers can recognize the product. 1. Turn the product off. 2. Touchscreen control panel models: Press and hold the lower right quadrant of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on. 3. When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons. 4. When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state. Super NVRAM initialization A super NVRAM initialization restores the product to the “generic product mode” in which it arrived from the factory. This means that you will have to reset the language and country/region settings when the product starts after the initialization. A super NVRAM initialization erases all data stored in the protected and unprotected NVRAM sections. 1. Turn the product off. 2. Press and hold the lower left quadrant of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on. 3. When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons. 4. When the super NVRAM initialization has been completed, the product enters the generic product mode.
HP Recommended

I would be cautious before doing a super NVRAM on any printer, in some cases you can delete critical values and you may need a multibyte file from HP to restore them, if you were at that stage I would always check with HP support at that point, they will normally advise if this is the case.

You can for example reset to the point the printer model is lost or changed and some features are disabled, I would say in a month I see this issue two or three times and we need to obtain these files to restore service.

HP Recommended

I agree that for some models the serial number and productnumber will be erased.

However this is not the case with these "new" model M=series.

I just tried to be 100% sure, all settings are reset, but SN and PN are not cleared.

It's safe to perform this on the M-series printers

cheers

HP Recommended
Is it possible during a super NVRAM reset to reset all page counters completely to 0?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.